Sunday, January 2, 2011

First post of the New Year

So this is the first post of the new year. I had a wonderful New Years eve and New Years day. I got to spend it with Bree and Mariah my two best friends here in Olney.

We really didn't have a plan for what we were going to do but we did know that we were going to exchange our Christmas gifts. Mariah gave me a charm bracelet that has friendship charms on it and Bree gave me a Barlow Girl CD. I am horrible at picking presents for people so my method is just to let them pic and I pay for it.

So we made a trip to Wal-mart. One thing about us is you should never let us alone in Wal-mart. We will find so awesome stuff to help feed the crazy in us. For example Mariah for her present picked silly string and we formed a plan for what she was going to do with it. And it was rather evil if I do say so myself.

Bree couldn't decide what she wanted so Mariah and I eventually just started dragging her from isle to isle until she picked the Camp Rock 2 soundtrack as she gift. I thought that this was a rather good gift since we have dance to the songs on that CD out side her church allot and freaked several people out at the same time.

However just before our Wal-mart we went to the Church. Granted there was only one reason that we went and that was because Mariah wanted to see who the people I am always talking about are and most of them were there last night. We mostly just stayed at one side of the table talked. Mariah made a point of keeping an eye on one person in particular, she told me later it was for me even though I never asked her to do that.

We had allot of fun that night. Oh and I now love Taco Bell and hate McDonald's mostly because McDonald's closed in our faces just as we got there but Taco Bell was nice and let us to there to eat.

Anyway I do some writing last night and I got past that moment that I was struggling with. It didn't turn out as big and great as I had hoped it would but that's what happens in a first draft. You set high expectations and then you hit WAY below all of them and then you revise and edit the book over and over and over again until it is perfect.

Now I just have to keep working until it is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment