Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to work

Yesterday marked the official end of my forced break from writing. I must admit that it felt really good not to have to worry about my writing. I didn't stress about finishing the novel.

Of course I did think about what I had written while I wasn't writing. Having that time when I was just thinking about it because I wanted I made several big decisions in the story that I may have never made if I hadn't forced myself to take a step back and just look at what was already there and not worry about what needed to come next.

When I started writing again I had a whole new out look on what I was writing and how it was going to get to the next point in the story. I even saw a path the end of the book. It may not be a clear path there will be things that I may have to clear and change before I get to the end of the first draft.

That's really what this is, a first draft. It will be changed and edited to the point that it may be nothing like it is right now when we finally get to the finished product. Now I just have to write until we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment