Saturday, December 11, 2010

And the journey begins

Seeing as how this is my first blog post I figure I should tell those of you who have stumbled upon this blog somethings about me.

Just to begin I am only 16 but I have grown up faster then anyone else I know. Sometimes this makes my life very hard but in other cases this makes my life a little easier.

I have seen so many people older then myself falling apart because they didn't know how to handle the situation they where in. Even when I was little I knew I didn't want that to someday be me. I didn't want to have my life falling apart and have no idea what I could do about it. So my solution was to grow up, probably faster then I really should have.

I think that this is why so may of the characters in my books, even the adults, have a child like tendency to them. I truly believe that I am using my characters to live out the moments of childhood that I have already missed out on.

Now if you where confused by my above musings I would expect as much. After all I didn't plan on saying any of that. However now that it is out there and written I see no point in erasing it... and so we press on.

I am also a young writer. I love writing for reasons that have yet to be explained but I take it in stride and am putting it to good use. At the moment I am working on completing the writing of my first full novel.

I say full novel because I have written several short stories that I called novels that i now see are in no way real novels. However this novel I am currently working on is already over 20,000 words. Making it the largest collection of words I have written in the five years since I first started writing.

I started this blog for the purpose of keeping myself motivated in terms of writing and based off this first post it may also be a journal of sorts. I guess I am now putting my life out there for everyone to see.

I am officially an open book...

No comments:

Post a Comment